Monday, August 22

Yesterday was strange.

We didn't do much at all, but everyone was so tired.

We had a meeting with the U.S. Embassy. All of it was stuff we could've read about online, but it was still neat to see other white people be able to use some of our US money (vending machines) hahaha. But a group of Harvard students ended up joining us. They were all so pretentious, handing out their business cards and whatnot.

Afterward, we were on our own for lunch. I went with some girls to eat some spicy chicken. The restaurant was cute and new-ish, and the man gave us free pop with our meal. The seat were cute little stools. The lids came off so we could stow our purses in the seat itself!


Afterwards, we went to a meeting with our group. We signed up for bank accounts, which are necessary for us to get phones. The phone plan is expensive, we have to pay for every text we send, no matter who it is to. We only get 20 hours of calling per month, and it's only free to other people with this carrier. Not at all what us Americans are used to, but it's supposedly one of the best deal we, as students, can get here.

We chilled in our rooms for a bit afterwards (I discovered some Dippin' Dots ice cream in our convenience store) and then we went out for a late supper. We went for a noodle dish, not spicy, and not far from where we ate lunch. We wanted soju, but the place didn't sell any, so we got some other alcoholic drink instead. It tasted like vodka. I did 4-5 shots, I don't remember. It was a bit more than I probably should have taken. Instant Asian glow, always my curse. Some of us walked back home, others went on to do some late shopping. I was one who stumbled home early.

My roommate comes today. I hope she's nice :s



No comments:

Post a Comment