Saturday, August 27

Trash cans?

Trash cans are another interesting thing about this city. Or, lack of them.

I don't know how it is where other people are from, but in Indiana, I kinda feel like public trash cans aren't too hard to find. But here in Seoul, along the street, as well as in public buildings, trash cans are soooo hard to find.

The trash can they gave us for our dorm room....well, it literally seems like a can. It's not even as tall as a 2-liter bottle, and it's pretty much as round as one :\

They are also very serious about their recycling here in Seoul. I've seen several times where people will pull things out of a trash can (the few rare times that I've seen a trash can, that is) and take out things that can be recycled, even if a stranger just threw them away.  And the recycling here in the dorm is crazy. We have a line of small bins along each lounge where recycled items are to go. No simple, plastic vs. paper and cardboard, there are literally like 8 different bins here. I'm always scared I'm going to put something in the wrong bin and then destroy their whole system x_____x

No comments:

Post a Comment