Monday, October 3

First Haircut in Korea :l

Last Friday, I went with a friend from CIEE to get our hair cut.

We went to Juno, a chain place, that we'd heard several other people talking about. We had a friend who went, and she praised the place, saying they had English speakers and that it didn't cost too much.

So, we went. When we got there, we were really nervous and intimidated. It looked very high-class and ritzy; a lot more than we were expecting. We anxiously went it. They seated us and we only waited for a few minutes. My friend told the lady in Korean that we both just wanted our bangs trimmed, and the dead ends of the rest cut off. They kindly took our bags and helped us into very nice, silvery robes.

Then they separated us. I quickly realized that no one at the Juno we went to spoke English.

A young lady took me to the back and led me into a very dim room. She washed my hair and gave me a very good head massage. She also cleaned my ears.

When she was done, I was led out to a chair where two other ladies dried my hair. I had never had more than one person working on my hair at one time, but it was nice how quickly they dried my hair.

The girl that trimmed my hair was very cute. She used simple Korean so I could understand her XD
She trimmed my bangs and dead ends nicely, even though I tried in vain to get her to take my bangs a little shorter.

They finished on me before my friend, so I was led to a long wooden table in the center of the place. They brought me a peach iced tea drink (which was very ironic, because earlier in the day I told someone I was craving peach iced tea) and magazines.

When my friend was done, we went and paid. Only ~$22 each. I was pleasantly surprised.

Bah, I'm so un-photogenic, but here I am after my haircut >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment