Wednesday, October 19

American Family in Japan...

Last night, as I was waiting (forever) on my coffee, I started chatting with an obvious American family: a blonde, flustered looking young mother; a blonde, irritated looking father; and three noisy little blonde children.

I first asked them where they were from. He told me "Japan." I asked why they were here. He said "We're doing a vacation."

Ah. I then told them that was interesting, that my class is going to Japan for vacation in a few weeks! He asked me where. I told him "Osaka." He told me he never heard of it. The mother asked me again where we were going..............".........Osaka........."
Nope. They said they didn't know what that was D:

I asked them how long they've been in Japan! They said for a little bit, like almost a year? No, a few months. No, maybe like half a year. They couldn't decide. I started being nervous that I was standing there alone, haha!

I asked where they had lived in the states. They said Virgina Beach. I awkwardly replied that I was from Indiana. I hope to God they were at least familiar with that.

The father asked me where we were. Before I could ask him what exactly he meant, he asked if we were in Seoul. I was so shocked. I told him, slowly, yes....we were in Seoul. His wife at least seemed to know that too. She rolled her eyes and agreed with me.

It was a very bizarre feeling and I felt so relieved when they left.

No comments:

Post a Comment